The following are the most commonly encountered situations that result in a change of ownership or a change to the payee. All situations may not be addressed in this section but if you have any questions regarding your particular circumstance or if you have any type of owner inquiry, you can email them to owner.relations@highmark-energy.com or call us 972.556-2950. There may be some changes in our requirements due to the laws of each state, county or jurisdiction. Please be sure to send all of your documentation to HighMark Energy at the address below:

HighMark Energy
909 Lake Carolyn Parkway, Suite 1500
Irving, TX 75039
Attention: Owner Relations

Address Changes:

We are not able to accept address changes by phone. We must have a letter stating the owners account number (which can be found on the top left corner, next to the name on the revenue checks), their Social Security or Tax I.D. Number, the old address, the new address, a phone number, and an original signature by the owner as stated on the account. We cannot accept letters written by parties other than the account owner without proper documentation (such as a Power of Attorney) indicating the person has the authority to handle the affairs of the account owner. Any and all letters requesting an address change must have a signature on them to be effective. Below is a link to our Change of Address Form.

EFT (Direct Deposit):

You may elect to receive your revenue payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If payment is made to you by EFT, your check detail will be available electronically through www.energylink.com . Check statements will not be mailed to you. Below is a link to our ACH Authorization Form. Please fill out this form and mail it to us along with a voided check for set up and verification.

Minimum Suspense:

HighMark Energy issues royalty checks once a month when royalty totals $50.00 or more. If royalty is lower than the minimum it is released once year in February.

Death of an Owner:

Title to real property owned by the deceased party passes one of two ways – either by testate succession or by intestate succession. Testate is with a probated, Last Will and Testament. Intestate is without a Will. In the absence of a Will, or if the Will has not been probated, title to real property passes according to the Laws of Descent and Distribution for the State in which the wells are located, and not the state of residence.

Required Documents:

Testate (Probated Will)

Intestate (without Will /or Will not probated)

Copy of Probated Will

Death Certificate

  • Letters Testamentary naming Executor;
  • Determination of Heirship, Judgement of Possession;
  • Final Decree of Distribution;
  • Provide proof that debts and inheritance taxes paid;
  • Recorded Deed to beneficiaries (if appropriate).
  • Heirship Affidavit:
    1. Provide an affidavit completed by someone who knew the deceased but not related to the deceased;
    2. Signature of affiantmust be notarized;
    3. Affidavit must be recorded in County where the well is located.

  • Furnish Addresses for each party inheriting.
  • Furnish Addresses numbers for each party listed as a surviving heir of deceased.

  • Record a certified copy of the Will & Probate in County where well is located.


  • Provide documentation of ancillary probate proceeding in the state where well is located.

NOTE: An Heirship Affidavit should not to be completed by direct family members (those with a beneficiary interest) to the deceased owner. The form can be completed by a friend, neighbor, minister, etc. who knew the deceased and had familiar knowledge of their family history.

Sale of Interest:

1. A copy of the conveyance document that has been recorded in the county in which the propertyis located.

2. If an unrecorded copy is submitted, the interest will be suspended until we are provided with a recorded copy.

Name Changes:

1. A name change due to marriage, divorce, or other reason, please provide a copy of marriage certificate, divorce decree or other document effecting the name change.

2. A company name change requires a copy of the Certificate of Name Change or Certificate of Merger.


1. Copy of Trust Agreement and a copy of the Conveyance to the Trust that has been recorded in the county in which the property is located.

Online Access to owner payment information:

HighMark Energy provides secure, online access to payment information via EnergyLink. Please login below or if you’re a new user, click “Need a User ID”.

Need a User ID?

Forgot your Password or User ID?

Heirship Affidavit ACH Authorization Form - HighMark Energy Change of Address Form